When: Tuesday June 28th 10am to 4.30
Where: The Brewhouse, Arts Centre, Coal Orchard, Taunton TA1 1JL Taunton
A CPD on the potential of street bands in education bringing together leading practitioners. With an introduction to street band music, practical workshops, break-out sessions, and resources. Session leaders include
- Marcus Britton and tutors from Oi Musicia on whole classroom approaches using brass and percussion for Key Stage 2
- Kay Charlton from the Bollywood Band, Kay works music hubs in the Midlands and the North on projects combining Primary and Secondary schools – Ollie Tunmer on street percussion
- Shayanna Dyer – Harris and others from the Kinetica Bloco, the London based Afro Caribbean performing group for young people.
- Vincent Touret, a southwest based musician, and teacher specialising in street music
- Festival organiser and veteran street musician Tim Hill.
The day will also look at the future possibilities of street music in education
To book a place contact Tim Hill email@example.com