Our partners continue to keep music alive for children and young people across Somerset.
Whether you’re a parent, music educator or student, we hope you’ll find something useful from our partners here.
In the first instance please check with your existing provider for remote learning opportunities. For changes to programmed activities and events please contact our partners directly.
Singing and Instrumental Tuition
Somerset Music is introducing new online music lessons for individuals and small groups and can provide a range of online resources. For current information and to book please call 0300 123 7364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guildhall School’s Centre for Young Musicians Taunton (CYMT) has moved all its teaching of music and drama individual and group lessons to take place online during the current Coronavirus pandemic. View their flyer here for more information.
Take Art and the Sound Waves Network, are postponing all Early Years Face to Face events – Info Here. They have regular shout outs on their SoundWaves Network Facebook page and daily examples of Early Years Music sessions and activities.
You can also check out Sing Up at Home for free resources on keeping kids learning and singing outside of school.
Artsmark and Arts Award
Jackdaws is offering free resources and support to young people so they can work towards their Bronze or Silver Arts Award accreditation.Register Here
If you are thinking of applying for Artsmark talk to our arts education partner Spaeda who will help signpost you to partners, resources and additional funding. Email email@example.com or call 07976118650.
Learning/Teaching from Home
- BBC Ten Pieces; get creative with classical music at home!
- BBC Ten Pieces At Home – weekly activities from BBC Ten Pieces.
- BBC Bitesize & Ten Pieces KS3/Secondary 1-3 Composition Guides.
- BBC Ten Pieces – Musical Menu
- Oak National Academy – Over 10,000 free video lessons and resources. Made by teachers, for every teacher and pupil.
- Charanga – A vast library of resources, songs, instrumental courses and creative apps
- National curriculum in England: music programmes of study