Who for: EYFS and KS1 teachers/TA’s other support staff
Where: Jackdaws Music Education Trust, Great Elm, Frome, BA11 3NY
When: Wednesday 9 October, 4:30 – 6pm
Cost: £10 per person
BOOK: email@example.com / 01373812383
Jolly Music is a progressive music programme based on Kodály principles for children aged 4-10. It’s an accessible, holistic approach, integrating pulse, rhythm, pitch and musical memory every step of the way using high quality traditional songs and games.
Its many advantages include:
• Can be delivered by non-specialists and musicians alike
• Children never tire of the age-appropriate playground songs, rhymes, games and activities
• It’s inclusive – nobody’s left behind. Every child is given the best chance of singing confidently.
• Fun, multi-sensory learning with many levels for differentiation at every stage
• Develops life skills – confidence, concentration, collaboration, creativity, communication
In this Taster, Jolly Music trainer Stephen Marquiss will demonstrate the Beginner and Level One stages (EYFS to Key stage 1) through songs and activities for group participation before showing how the programme develops for use at Key Stage 2. Expect an evening of fun as you experience this joyful, profound resource.[youtube youtubeurl=”Bul3ou4yAks” ][/youtube]
Stephen explains, “I’ve worked for 20 years with those at the very start of their musical journeys and those in their more senior years. I believe passionately that the best start lays foundations both for advanced musical attainment and expressive, confident personal development. Jolly Music’s detailed lesson plans are accessible to all. Its high quality, age-appropriate musical material leaves no-one behind, struggling to sing complex, wide-ranging tunes and ending up thinking they’re tone deaf! It serves the most able too, who can explore the material from many perspectives, providing an experiential grounding in pitch, pulse, rhythm and basic musical notation.”
Display copies of the affordable resources will be available to inspect.