- This event has passed.
Artsmark Briefing Day
December 8, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Want to apply for Artsmark and celebrate your school’s commitment to the arts? Spaeda and RIO invite you to a briefing to find out all about Arts Award and Artsmark, and how these can benefit your school. The session will be open to music and arts teachers, subject coordinators, governor and senior management representatives. The Briefing Day is FREE for Somerset schools and is a great way to find out about Artsmark, the Arts Award and local arts education opportunities.
To book or find out more contact email@example.com
The new Artsmark launched Autumn 2015. Over the past year RIO has been working closely with ACE and other Bridge organisations to pilot the new Artsmark programme with 100 schools across the country.
This briefing will outline the changes and provide an opportunity to ask questions, and share your thoughts on how to support the new scheme.
We believe that every child deserves to experience the arts and the refreshed scheme is designed to help achieve this. Its benefits include:
- Validation for schools that recognise and champion the arts in every classroom
- A national network to help build each school’s expertise, with unique access to resources
- Support and challenge from arts specialists
- A streamlined application process built around a Statement of Commitment to the arts that connects to the broader curriculum
- A flexible approach that fits each school’s own strategies, curriculum and planning cycles
- CPD opportunities for staff.
Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications that support anyone up to 25 to grow as artists and arts leaders, inspiring them to connect with and take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form – from fashion to film making and pottery to poetry. Through Arts Award young people gain a nationally recognised qualification enabling them to progress into further education and employment. Arts Award can be based around any arts or media activity, and young people can complete it in a wide variety of settings – like youth clubs, arts centres, schools, colleges, theatres or community groups.
Arts Award is…
• a great way for children and young people to be inspired by and enjoy the arts
• offered at five levels, four qualifications and an introductory award
• a framework for learning new skills and sharing them
• an opportunity to develop creativity and leadership skills
• a link between young people and creative arts professionals
This briefing is free to attend thanks to the generous support of Sound Foundation Somerset, the Music Education Hub.
SPAEDA will run further Artsmark Development Days in the Somerset Area throughout Spring 2016. To register your interest contact Alice Crane on firstname.lastname@example.org.