WOWFest is hosting a free presentation by the Royal Artillery band in Wells and is open to all local brass/woodwind/percussion students!!!
The presentation will form part of the Wells Orchestral Weekend, an international festival for youth choirs, bands and orchestras with concerts in Wells Cathedral, Bishops Palace and Cedars Hall. Click here to learn more – www.wellsyouthmusicfest.co.uk.
It will take place on Sat 14th July and will be followed by a performance and procession by the Royal Artillery band through Wells. This event is free for all to attend and we would like to attract as many local students as possible. There will also be the chance to take part in a workshop, if you have a brass or woodwind ensemble who may be interested in doing this.
The presentation will take place at 1.30pm in Cedars Hall and will cover the following areas:
- A description of what it is a military musician does, the career that we offer to musicians and all the benefits and financial incentives available, opportunities for travel, sports, and education.
- It will inform people about The Corps of Army music, and the different types of military bands that we have. It will also explain about the wide variety of musicians we employ, from electric guitarists and pop singers to bassoonists and cellists.
- It will explain the various ages you can join Army music, the qualifications offered at those ages and the stages of training.
- Interspersed with the delivery of the presentation will be some music provided by one or two of our ensembles.
- There will of course be opportunities for a Q&A at the end of the presentation.
WOWFest: Wells Orchestral Weekend
Wells, Somerset, UK
12th-15th July 2018